How to become a member.
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP:
Candidates for membership must complete the prescribed application form which should be submitted, along with the relevant dues and all supporting documents, to the Secretary of the Society. The Secretary will present the application at the next Annual General Meeting when the application will be accepted upon approval of two- thirds of all voting members in good standing who are present. Application should be endorsed by two active OSWI members.
- Certificates of qualifications of Medical degree,
- Certificates of Post-graduate qualification in Ophthalmology,
- Certificate of registration/ License as Medical doctor/ ophthalmologist in country of practice;
TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
- A member may resign voluntarily by indicating this, in writing, to the secretary.
- If a member is erased from the Medical Registry of the registering authority in his / her country of practice.
- Upon the recommendation of his/her local Ophthalmological Society and after due process.
- On the recommendation of a disciplinary committee of the Society, constituted to adjudicate on disciplinary charges against the member, and after due process.